As spring approaches and the weather warms, kids will be buzzing with excitement to get outside, and a garden is the perfect place to play. Here are a few tools to help them get started.
- Western Chief rain boots are perfect for tromping around in the mud or digging in the garden. $30
- A bug catcher lets curious kids get a closer look at tiny garden dwellers. We like the reCAP Kids Explore bug catcher and World of Eric Carle, The Very Hungry Caterpillar critter keeper, which both have a magnifier.
- The World of Eric Carle, The Very Hungry Caterpillar tin pail is perfect for lugging dirt around the garden.
- Gardening is fun, but it can be educational too! For creative ways to inspire learning, check out The Garden Classroom: Hands-On Activities in Math, Science, Literacy and Art by Cathy James, available at The Shop at the Gardens.
- Kids can lend a hand in the garden with their very own set of large garden tools. Set includes shovel, rake, hoe, and gloves. Available at The Shop at the Gardens.