Moms, we all know our families need a little help when it comes to planning Mother’s Day. Here is our annual “Hint List” to share with your kids or significant other, to get you closer to the decadent family brunch, tea party, gifts, or family-friendly show you are dreaming of. This is what’s happening for Mother’s Day around the Denver metro area.
9 Places to Brunch with Mom
Comida will greet mom at the door with a Comosa—their riff on a mimosa made with ginger, fresh grapefruit juice, and bubbly cava—or a prickly pear margarita on the house. Parents can try the chilaquiles or the triple meat burrito, while the kids enjoy their own brunch menu including a breakfast torta, pancakes, French toast, a bean and egg burrito, or a peanut butter and banana quesadilla. 2501 Dallas St., Aurora
Brunch in style at Max’s, where moms will be welcomed with a complimentary glass of bubbly to celebrate. Order a round of bottomless mimosas before indulging in two special offers: strawberry cheesecake stuffed french toast, or a savory short rib hash skillet. Kids can try out the birthday cake waffles, PB&J Monte Cristo bites, or beer cheese fondue served with pretzel bread. 696 Sherman St., Denver
Both locations will be celebrating the day with a complimentary mimosa of choice for Mom. Breakfast is available all day with options including the City French breakfast sandwich (a Colorado take on a Croque Madame, with eggs, shaved ham, brie, and red pepper aioli), shakshuka, or pulled pork breakfast burrito. Two locations in Uptown and Cherry Creek.
On Mother’s Day, both Denver locations will offer free arcade play for kiddos to give Mom a chance to relax. A “momosa” bar offers sparkling wine and a selection of juices, with garnishes. The Sunday build-your-own Bloody Mary bar will be open to customize a savory drink. New menu items include the sausage and egg panini and the cast iron chile frittata with Hatch green chilies. The kids buffet offers mini chicken and waffles, chicken tenders, buttermilk pancakes, bacon, and all-beef sliders. Two locations in metro Denver.
The best gift for Mom is a breakfast complete with nine different bottomless mimosa options and a build-your-own Bloody Mary bar. The new Spanky’s brunch menu is packed with brunch favorites, including the Tennessee hot chicken Benedict, green eggs and ham (eggs scrambled with pesto, spinach, and asiago, with avocado, fire-braised ham, and hash browns), and bananas Foster crepes. 1800 E. Evans Ave., Denver
Tamayo’s brunch menu includes bottomless small plates like chilaquiles divorciados and brisket tacos, and free-flowing brunch cocktails like margaritas, tropical fruit mimosas, and Bloody Marias. After brunch, each mother will receive a decadent chocolate treat and a gift card for Wax & Lash, a Larimer Square beauty studio offering facials, waxing, and eyelash services. Bottomless brunch is $39 for adults with drinks, $25 for designated drivers, and $10 for kids age 12 and under. 1400 Larimer St., Denver
7. The Nickel
On Mother’s Day from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., photographer DiAnna Marr from Our Two Hearts will be on site snapping complimentary family photos for brunch diners. A new brunch menu includes chicken and waffles, pork belly hash, a charcuterie Bloody Mary bar, and bottomless mimosas. Kids can enjoy a grilled cheese, burger, chicken sausage dog, or buttered noodles, all served with fries. 1100 14th St., Denver
Treat Mom to a brunch buffet, where she will receive a complimentary flower and mimosa. The buffet will have seafood towers, made-to-order omelettes, a waffle bar, meat carving stations, and desserts. $37 for adults, $10 ages six to 12, kids age five and under eat free. Reservations required. 7101 S. Clinton St., Centennial
Each mom will receive a complimentary mimosa and flower upon arrival, or build your own mimosa or Bloody Mary. Acoustic artist, Jay Martin, will perform from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Kids can design a beautiful card for Mom right at the breakfast table. $37 for adults, $10 ages six to 12, kids age five and under eat free. Reservations required. 2680 W. Main St., Littleton
6 More Ways to Celebrate Mom
- DIY Gift Making Give kids a space to create gifts for Mother’s Day at MoonDance Botanicals. Each child will make three wrapped gifts to take home. Age five and up. Class runs from 10 to 11:30 a.m. and is limited to 10 people. $25 per child. 601 Corona St., Denver
- Ping-Pong Ace Eat Serve—Uptown’s hottest ping-pong spot—is offering one hour of free play for moms on Mother’s Day. After a few rounds of ping-pong, try the sweet and salty tiger wings or crazy Sichuan shrimp wontons, while kids enjoy PB&J bao buns, noodle bowls, and complimentary shaved ice. 501 E. 17th Ave., Denver
- Gifts for Mom Pick out the perfect Mother’s Day gift at Olde Town Arvada’s Balefire Goods. On Tuesday, May 7, Balefire Goods will stay open until 8 p.m. for any last minute Mother’s Day shopping, as well as hosting local chocolatiers, M2 Confections. 7417 Grandview Ave., Arvada
- Free Admission for Mom Moms enjoy free admission to the Colorado Railroad Museum all weekend long, May 11 and 12. Regular admission applies to everyone else. 17155 W. 44th Ave., Golden
- Mother’s Day Tea and Pizza Party Spend quality time with Mom on her special day enjoying a tea party, crafts, and a special visit from Cinderella at Oblio’s Pizzeria. Moms will receive a complimentary glass of wine and a flower. Reserve spots for a 4:30 p.m. or 6:30 p.m. seating by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. 6115 E. 22nd Ave., Denver
- All-Ages Comedy Show Celebrate Mother’s Day at Comedy Works South at the Landmark with national touring headliner Pat McGann, a stand-up comedian and television host, performing an all-ages family show. Children must be accompanied by an adult. $16 general, $8 age 12 and under. Show starts at 3 p.m. 5345 Landmark Place, Greenwood Village