Summertime in Colorado is best spent outdoors, and with the Rockies in our backyard there are unlimited extraordinary places to explore with the kids. Before you head west, gear up with these outdoor essentials.
1. Whether your kids are running around in the grass or tromping through a mountain stream, KEEN Kids sandals are made for adventure. They”re lightweight, quick drying, and come in an assortment of styles and designs for girls and boys, from toddler to big kid.
2. Kammok‘s Roo Hammock will give you a comfy place to rest wherever your adventure takes you. It’s perfect for parks, backyards, barbecues, patios, and camping―you can easily set it up anywhere. It’s big enough for two adults, and great for kiddos too. Roo Hammock, $99, Python Straps (sold separately), $29.
3. When trekking with kids in tow, don’t forget the snacks. Stash a few Munk Pack Oatmeal Fruit Squeezes in your backpack. Packed with wholesome grains and real fruit bits, they”re great for a quick mid-adventure snack and will give kids (and parents) a nice boost of energy. Available in five flavors.
4. Your littlest adventurer can join in on the outdoor fun with the Ciao! Baby portable highchair. It easily folds and unfolds (just like a camping chair), and can be taken anywhere, from a family picnic in the park to a full-on camping adventure. $68
5. Hitting the trails? Don’t leave home without this trusty app from REI. Hiking Project is a must-have when looking for new weekend excursions. It features over 1,700 trails in Colorado, offers recommended hikes, and includes trail descriptions, photos, and family-friendly info. Free, available on IOS and Android.