ABOUT 5280 PUBLISHING
5280, the largest local magazine in Colorado, was first published in 1993. Its commitment to high-quality journalism has made it one of the country’s most respected regional publications. Since 2005, 5280 has been a finalist for six National Magazine Awards, the industry’s highest honor, and it has been named one of America’s top five city magazines by the City and Regional Magazine Association on three separate occasions. With a total distribution of 90,000, 5280 outsells most national magazines on area newsstands. 5280 also publishes 5280 Home, 5280 Health, and 5280 Traveler magazines, and Colorado Parent. Colorado Parent is the leading source for Colorado family information for over 30 years. Colorado Parent, published by 5280 Publishing, produces 12 magazines, 4 special interest ancillaries, a robust digital platform, an active social media following.
5280 Publishing Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive salary and benefits.
No phone calls, please.
Colorado Parent Account Manager
Colorado Parent, Denver’s favorite source for parenting information, is seeking an Account Manager to manage and grow an active account portfolio with unlimited new business potential. This energetic and self-driven person will work with local business owners, marketing directors, and area advertising agencies. Ideal candidate should be motivated, organized, goal-oriented, and possess a warm and outgoing personality and professional demeanor. Colorado Parent account managers must be able to prospect, make cold calls, develop new business while maintaining existing accounts, and thrive in an informal, collaborative, and deadline driven environment.
- At least two years of sales experience. Print, digital, and event sponsorship sales experience ideal, but not required.
- Basic computer skills; Macintosh experience a plus.
- Detail-oriented, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- To Apply:
- Please email a cover letter and resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Colorado Parent Editorial Internship Program
Colorado Parent offers editorial internship positions in the summer, fall, and spring. Internships are hands-on and involve a variety of responsibilities, as well as the opportunity to work directly with the Colorado Parent editors on the magazine and website.
Primary duties include fact-checking stories, contributing research to larger stories, and writing shorter stories for the front-of-the-book. Interns also enter descriptions for the calendar and various guides, and write and do website maintenance for ColoradoParent.com.
As part of the program, interns will take part in training sessions run by editors, providing an overview of how the magazine works, from pitching to editing to art/design.
- Although a magazine, journalism, or English degree (or working toward a degree) is preferred, it’s not required. Published clips are required (college newspaper is OK). A commitment of three to four days a week is preferred. The internship is paid.
- To Apply:
- Please email a cover letter, resumé, and three to five published clips to email@example.com.
- Deadlines for applications:
- Summer (March 1); Fall (July 20); Spring (November 1).