Sure, most days busy families are lucky to sit down for a meal together, much less make it from scratch. But the kid-friendly, tasty and simple recipes in The Berenstain Bears’ Country Cookbook invite families to spend time together cooking meals that everyone will enjoy. The 40 recipes in the book include everything from quick snacks and lunch ideas to basic dinners and delicious desserts.
This Bunny Biscuit recipe, which uses refrigerated biscuit dough, gives kids a chance to contribute something special to Easter or spring meals without making a big baking mess. It may also inspire them to get creative in the kitchen and dream up new shapes they can make to compliment other favorite dishes.
From The Berenstain Bears’ Country Cookbook | Yield: 5 servings
You Will Need:
- 1 tube (7 1⁄2 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 10 chocolate chips
- 5 raisins
- 20 slivered almonds
- Gently shape five biscuits into oval shapes; place on a greased baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Cut remaining biscuits in half. Shape biscuit halves to form ears; press firmly to attach to whole biscuits.
- On each biscuit, press on two chocolate chip eyes, one raisin nose, and four slivered almond whiskers.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until biscuits are browned. Cool slightly.