If your family is growing a garden, chances are it may be filled with a load of green zucchinis and a need for new ideas to use them up. The house is also hot, so you probably don’t want to heat it up by baking another loaf of zucchini bread. Ragú Homestyle provided this recipe for a simple summer Chicken Parmesan with Zucchini Noodles that utilizes the grill and their latest Homestyle pasta sauces. You can view a tutorial video of this recipe below or from the Honeysuckle blog at ragu.com.
Grilled Chicken Parmesan and Zucchini Noodles
Servings 4 Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Grilled Chicken Parmesan
- 6-8 chicken breast cutlets
- ½ cup Ragu Homestyle Sauce – Traditional
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 4 zucchinis
- 1 cup Ragu Homestyle Sauce – Traditional
- Place chicken breast cutlets in shallow baking dish. Season each side with salt and pepper.
- On a hot grill cook one side for 5 minutes, then flip to the other side.
- Spread generous amount of sauce on each chicken cutlet.
- Add shredded mozzarella on top of sauce and close grill lid. Cook for another 7-8 minutes until cheese is melted and chicken is cooked through.
- While chicken is cooking, prepare zucchini noodles or “zoodles”. Use spiralizer and shred zucchini.
- In medium sauce pan, heat 1 cup sauce on medium high heat for 5 minutes. Pour hot sauce directly over zucchini noodles.
- Remove chicken from grill and serve hot with zucchini noodles. Enjoy!
Recipe Tip: Always look for thinly sliced chicken breast when making Grilled Chicken Parmesan. The thin chicken breast is more tender and cooks faster and evenly. Ask the butcher to slice in half if possible.
Plan to participate in National Sneak Some Zucchini on Your Neighbor’s Porch Day on August 8? Include this recipe with a handful of the versatile zucchinis.