Stick to your new year budget by taking advantage of these deals happening around town the weekend of January 18 through 20.
Monday-Saturday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Sunday, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Take a free tour at this Boulder tea factory and see the tea-making process from raw ingredients to finished products. Celestial Seasonings, 4600 Sleepytime Dr., Boulder.
The DAM is always free for kids under 18. Check out the First Light Family Space, with activities like making a mirror, playing with patterns, and creating a colorful city. Then, head to the Paint Studio to make a masterpiece. Museum admission is $10 for adult Colorado residents. Denver Art Museum, 100 W. 14th Ave., Denver.
Interested in exploring the downtown area? All downtown parking meters are free on Monday, January 20, making it more convenient (and budget friendly) to spend a morning or afternoon in the city.
Extended hours on January 20, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Go ice skating in the heart of downtown Denver on the outdoor rink at Skyline Park. Skating is free if you bring your own skates, or rent a pair for a small fee ($7 age 12 and under, $9 adults). Children 12 and under skate for free (rentals and all) every Sunday, and free skating lessons are offered every Saturday from 9 to 10 a.m. Skyline Park, 1601 Arapahoe St., Denver.
January 20, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Thanks to funding from the Scientific and Cultural Facilities District, admission to Denver Botanic Gardens at York Street is free on January 20. Free days occur during regular hours and do not include ticketed events. Denver Botanic Gardens, 1007 York St., Denver.
Open Monday, 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Take a free self-guided tour to learn more about money and finances. The downtown Denver museum features four permanent exhibits that include learning about money management, designing colorful currency, and seeing historical currency from 1755 to present. Money Museum, 1020 16th St., Denver.
Available January 11-26
Save money while taking the whole crew to explore the grounds at the National Western Stock Show. The family four pack includes four event tickets (to the Wild West Show on January 18 and 19 or X-treme Dogs on January 20), and vouchers for four hot dogs, four bags of chips, and four small sodas. Four-packs start at $79. National Western Complex, 4655 Humboldt Dr., Denver.
Family Meal Deals
By taking advantage of these specials, families can enjoy a nice meal out on Monday, January 20 without worrying about the price.
- Ajuua Mexican Restaurants – Kids 10 and under eat for a penny with purchase of an adult dinner entrée.
- BD’s Mongolian Grill – Kids 10 and under eat for $4, one child per paying adult.
- Beau Jo’s – Kids 12 and under eat free, up to a $6 value from the kids menu, with the purchase of a $10 or greater entrée. One free kids meal per paying adult. Not valid with groups or parties. Evergreen location only.
- Blue Bonnet – Kids 10 and under eat free after 4 p.m.; one kids meal with the purchase of an adult meal.
- Brothers BBQ – Kids 12 and under eat free after 5 p.m. One free kids meal with purchase of select entrées.
- Cinzetti’s Italian Market – Kids 12 and under eat free for dinner. Two kids per paying adult.
- Denny’s – Kids age 10 and under eat free. Two free kids meals with the purchase of an adult entrée, 4 to 10 p.m. at East 40th and West Alameda locations.
- Gunther Toody’s – One free kids meal per adult entrée purchase from 11 a.m. to close. Kids meal includes beverage and dessert.
- International House of Pancakes (IHOP) – Kids age 12 and under eat free with the purchase of an adult entrée, 4 to 10 p.m. Drinks not included.
- Kachina Southwestern Grill – Kids eat free Monday through Friday, 6:30 a.m. to 10 p.m., Saturday and Sunday, 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Larkburger – One free kids meal with an adult purchase of $9 or more from 4 p.m. to close. Kids 12 and under. Dine in only.
- Mici Handcrafted Italian – Kids 12 and under receive a free kids meal with the purchase of an adult entrée after 4 p.m. Dine in only.
- Modern Market – One free kids meal with the purchase of one adult entrée from 5 p.m. to close. Includes the choice of milk or juice.
- Parry’s Pizza – Lunch special for kids and adults is $6 for a 9-inch personal cheese pizza and fountain drink 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. At Parker and Castle Rock locations kids choose either two large slices or one 9-inch pizza.
- The Pint Room – One free kids meal per adult entrée.
- Tavern – One free kids meal for kids age 12 and under per paying adult; 5 to 8 p.m. at Lowry location and all day at Platt Park location.
- Texas de Brazil – Kids age two and under eat free, ages three to five are $5, and ages six to 12 are half price, all when purchased with a full-price meal.
- The Bent Noodle – One free kids meal with the purchase of an adult meal.
- Rib City – Kids age four and under eat free; one piece of chicken and fries. Dine in only.