Lunch Essentials Your Kids Will Love
Fun items to add to your child's back-to-school shopping list.
1. Add a playful spin on lunch with Bentology sandwich cutters—they turn a basic PB&J into edible art (OK maybe not art per se, but they make sandwiches look way more appetizing). Toss in a cool pack to keep food fresh for hours. $2 sandwich cutter, $2.50 cool pack.
2. Packing hot and cold food together is easy with the OmieBox bento lunch box. It’s dual insulated to keep food cool and fresh, and features a removable thermos that is sure to keep your child’s favorite soup or pasta piping hot come lunchtime. $40
3. We like the simple, yet functional design of the Nalgene lunch box buddy. Featuring an adjustable ice pack, it’s easy to organize all your child’s favorite foods. Pack it with reusable containers, bags, drinks, and even a whole apple (no slicing required—unless of course your child likes those brown apple pieces). $25
4. If you aren’t a fan of bento-style boxes, check out Dabbawalla’s roomy (and super cute) lunch totes. These insulated packs are sturdy, keep food cool, and are machine washable. $30
5. Say farewell to plastic baggies and invest in a few Stasher bags. Made from 100 percent silicone, these reusable bags are dishwasher, freezer, and microwave safe (yes, really), and easy for little hands to open and close. $10-$12