Marshmallow Snowmen: A Tasty Addition to Hot Cocoa
Give your child's hot cocoa a little life with these easy-to-make snowmen.
Be the most popular mom on the block by adding a little marshmallow snowman to a hot chocolate treat. Either surprise your little ones or let them create their own snowmen, and watch them melt away in the kids’ mugs. These cute snowmen will cheer up anyone on a cold winter day.
- Mini candy corn or orange candy-coated chocolates
- Pretzel sticks
- Mini chocolate chips
- Tube of ready-to-use black icing for writing
- 3-inch toothpicks
- Poke three marshmallows onto a 3-inch toothpick to create the snowman’s body. If you only have regular toothpicks, use two toothpicks. Use one to connect the top and center marshmallow, and the other to connect the bottom to the center.
- Break a pretzel stick in half to create “arms.” Twist the arms into the center marshmallow; one on either side. (Twisting the pretzels into the marshmallow helps to secure them.)
- Bite off two small pieces of another pretzel stick to create “legs” and twist those into the bottom marshmallow.
- For the snowman’s buttons, use an extra toothpick to create three small holes. Insert the mini chocolate chips into the holes. Do the same with the candy corn or orange candy-coated chocolate nose.
- Use black icing to make eyes and a smile.
- Once your hot cocoa is ready, place your snowman across the top of the mug and enjoy! Make sure kids know there is a toothpick in the center.