As parents, we document almost everything with photos. From daily adventures to special milestones, we”re always at the ready—phone in hand—waiting to capture that perfect moment. With the help of photo editing apps and filters galore, we”re able to turn everyday experiences into extraordinary memories, in seconds. Since we”re avid photo takers ourselves, we thought we”d share some of our favorite apps with you—in case you want to take your photography skills to the next level this year. These apps are easy to use, fun for kids, and will add something fresh to your social media feeds.
- Boomerang – Capture all the action of everyday moments with your kids by creating mini videos that play forwards and backwards on repeat. Free, available for iOS, Android, and Windows 10.
- Word Swag – Be your own graphic designer and use different fonts and layouts to add captions, quotes, or fun sayings to your family’s photos. $4.99, available for iOS and Android.
- Ripl – Liven up your photos with custom animations and designs, or create collages and slideshows to showcase family adventures. Free, available for iOS and Android.
- Prisma – Turn simple photos of your kids into works of art with photo effects and filters that give pictures a hand painted look. Free, available for iOS and Android.
- MSQRD – Face swap with your kids or take outrageous selfies and videos with digital masks and animated filters. Free, available for iOS and Android.