On days when the weather is a bit too frightful to play outside, a festive craft is just the thing to entertain the kiddos at home. Mix up a few cups of hot cocoa, turn on the holiday tunes, and sit down as a family to make this easy wintertime craft. Once finished, the snowmen can be hung as ornaments on the tree, serve as seasonal decor, or be used as cute embellishments for holiday gift wrap.
Popsicle Stick Snowman
Courtesy of Duck Tape
- Large popsicle sticks
- Duck Tape (white, black, and orange)
- Printed Duck Tape or Washi Tape
- Googly eyes
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Wrap white Duck Brand Duck Tape around a popsicle stick to cover it completely.
- Cut out a top hat shape from black Duck Tape and add a stripe of printed Duck Tape or Washi Tape above the brim.
- Cut a 6 inch strip of printed Duck Tape and fold over for the scarf; cut to customize width.
- Wrap the printed Duck Tape strip (scarf) around the stick, crossing it over in the front. Hot glue the scarf to the stick with a dot of glue on the back and in the front.
- Cut out three circles from black Duck Tape to use as buttons.
- Cut out a triangle from orange Duck Tape to use as a nose.
- Glue on googly eyes, and use markers to draw a dotted smile.
- Create a loop of string, and glue to the back of the popsicle stick so that the ornament can be hung.