This queso fundido from LoDo’s Kachina Cantina is sure to be a crowd pleaser at any gathering—it makes enough to feed eight to 10 people. Here’s how to make the cheesy dip:
Courtesy of Kachina Cantina
- 2 pounds shredded Asadero cheese
- 1 pounds shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces cooked Mexican chorizo, small dice
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Cook the chorizo over medium heat until fully cooked, drain the fat and allow the chorizo to cook down.
- Mix the cheese in a bowl and place it on a cast iron skillet. Put it in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and stir the cheese making sure it melts evenly, put it back in the oven for about 5 more minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and add the already cooked chorizo, stir to incorporate it evenly.
- Top the chorizo with pico de gallo and serve with tortilla chips on the side.
- Place over a warmer so it stays hot.