Rotisserie chicken is an absolute hero on busy weeknights when you’re just trying to get something healthy on the table. They’re well seasoned, tender, juicy, and go with pretty much anything. They’re the perfect centerpiece for quick and cozy meals that will leave your whole family full and satisfied.
Ingredients – Serves 4
- 2 small (1-pound) squash, such as acorn or delicata, quartered, seeds scraped out
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 8 pats
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 small garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon lime or lemon zest
- 1 rotisserie chicken
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Top each squash quarter with a butter pat.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar and salt and pepper.
- Place squash on a plate and microwave on high until tender, about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make gremolata by combining pecans, cilantro, garlic and zest.
- Cut chicken into serving pieces; sprinkle gremolata generously over chicken and lightly over cooked squash, then serve.
Per Serving: 460 calories (240 from fat), 26g total fat, 9g saturated fat, 160mg cholesterol, 660mg sodium, 21g carbohydrates, (5 g dietary fiber, 6g sugar), 37g protein.