Getting maximum fun for minimum cost is always on our summer bucket list. These summer deals keep things lively without breaking the bank.
1. My Denver Card gives Denver residents ages five to 18 free access to recreation centers, pools, and attractions.
2. Kids Bowl Free program entitles kids to two free games of bowling at participating locations every day of the summer. Age requirements vary by location. Register at kidsbowlfree.com
3. Kids for Free offers kids 18 and under free general admission to the Denver Art Museum every day.
4. Check out state parks. Check out a Colorado State Park pass and adventure backpack at a participating library for a week of free access to state parks.
5. Harkins Summer Movie Fun. Purchase a season ticket and kids can see a classic family movie on the big screen for less than $1 per movie. Films show over 10 weeks at Harkins Arvada or Northfield 18 Theatres.
6. Alamo Drafthouse Kids Camp. Choose your price at Kids Camp, $1, $3, or $5 for tickets to watch favorite family movies throughout the summer. Monday through Friday at 11 a.m. All ticket sales are donated to a local charity.
7. Borrow Culture Passes at the Library Explore popular local attractions and museums for free using passes available through Arapahoe Libraries, Denver Public Library, Douglas County Libraries, Jefferson County Library, and Westminster Libraries. Look under Services on library websites.
8. Free Days The Scientific and Cultural Facilities District (SCFD) makes a series of free admission days possible at museums and cultural attractions around Denver each year. Watch the Colorado Parent monthly calendar for a list of free days or visit the SCFD website.
9. Memberships. Numerous museums and attractions around Denver offer annual memberships that pay for themselves within a few visits. Members receive additional discounts, admission to special events, and advance registration opportunities for classes and camps.
10. Storytime. Almost every day of the week, find a free storytime at libraries and bookstores around town. Museums like Colorado Railroad Museum and History Colorado Center both host monthly storytimes with a craft or playtime, included with admission.